Dear Church Family at Grace Bible Church,
The Elders would like to communicate with you our plan for restarting our physical meetings. We have been blessed to use technology to continue our worship and preaching but I know we are all anxious to be together in person. The body has also done an amazing job of caring for each other through this difficult time. We are excited to start moving forward with a plan to meet that takes into consideration the safety of our body, our testimony in the community, our responsibility to respect the authority of our elected leaders and, most importantly, our duty to assemble together. We will be watching for any change in the governor’s directives this Friday but as of the writing of this letter we are planning on opening our doors for service this Sunday the 17th of May. Please pay close attention to any last-minute updates at the sources listed at the bottom of this letter.
We will be taking the precautions listed below (under May 17th Sunday Service Reconvening). We understand that there is a broad range of opinions on how to approach moving forward. Please show respect for your brothers and sisters by abiding by these requirements as we meet. If you are in a high-risk category, you have a high level of concern for your safety or you do not feel that you will be able to comply with the requirements outlined in this letter for meeting, you are highly encouraged to continue to watch the service from home as it will continue to be live streamed.
Please avoid any criticism or controversy over how we or other churches are handling this process. We need to be careful in our conversations on social media and with others remembering that above all we want to use this time to be a testimony and a light to a lost world.
Please continue in prayer and support of one another. Pray for wisdom for the elders as well as for the leaders of our country. Please know that the elders are available if you have any concerns or needs.
The Elders of Grace Bible Church
May 17th Sunday Service Reconvening
Please find following the requirements and the precautions that will be taken for meeting this Sunday. We are excited to get to meet together and understand this won’t feel “normal” but it is our desire to love one another, to be in submission to the governmental authorities that God has placed over us, to be a testimony to those outside the church and still come together as the body of Christ with worship as our goal. We will adjust these items on a weekly basis as needed.
What is Asked of You
- If you are sick, please keep your family home and watch online
- Everyone needs to decide for themselves whether to attend but if you are in a high-risk category you are encouraged to watch the live feed from home.
- Please respect social distancing the whole time that we meet.
- Please do not open blocked off rows.
- Please respect posted closed areas of the church facility.
- Please do not congregate in the building before or after the service.
What to Expect
- Doors will be blocked open or people stationed at the doors to open them for everyone.
- Please use hand sanitizing station before entering the sanctuary. (this will assure us that people are at least starting out with sanitized hands.)
- No bulletins. All needed information will be on the slide presentation as people enters the sanctuary.
- Every other row will be blocked off and we ask family groups to sit two chairs apart. (family groups are left to your discretion).
- Hallways and classrooms to the back of the building will be closed off.
- No nursery.
- No children’s church.
- No Sunday School.
- Offering box in the back of the sanctuary
- Prayer request can be made through church app or emailing church at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only bathrooms near the nursery will be open-please escort your children to the restroom.
- Modified greeting without leaving our seats.
- You are asked to refrain from visiting inside the building after the service.
- Church will be cleaned and sanitized after every service.
Ways to stay in touch:
*website at www.gbcboise.org
*download the church app at Grace Bible Church of Boise
*FB page at Grace Bible Church of Boise
*share needs and prayer requests on FB at Grace Bible Supplies & Support
*numbers for the pastors, elders and deacons are listed on the first page of the church directory