Dear Church Family at Grace Bible Church,
We wanted to update you on where we are currently regarding Grace Bible Church’s response to the Covid-19 Virus and Boise mayor’s face mask ordinance. It is our greatest desire to meet together and we are doing everything we can to be able to do so and still be a witness and light to the community. As long as we can submit (align ourselves under) the governing authorities and honor and follow the Lord we will endeavor to do so (Romans 13:1-4, 1Peter 2:13-14).
With this in mind, we are requiring that you wear masks from your car to your seat in the sanctuary where you will be properly socially distanced. At that time if you wish you may remove your masks. At the end of the service we ask that you put back on your masks and leave them on until you reach your vehicle. The current protocol will also stay in place as stated below. Also, starting this Sunday July 12, we will be offering a light children’s Sunday school program. Midway through the service the children will be dismissed and directed to the fellowship hall. They will then be escorted back to the sanctuary at the end of the service to rejoin their parents. Please be patient with us as we figure out how this all will work out.
Lastly, we have compiled a list of email addresses that we have on file and will be sending this notice, and further notices, out by email along with posting them on the web site. If you do not receive one by email and wish to, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the list.
Throughout Scripture, we are repeatedly told not to fear, so none of our plans are motivated by fear or meant to provoke fear. We simply want to honor God, love one another, and submit to God-ordained authority as we seek to live peaceful and quiet lives, godly and dignified in every way (1 Timothy 2:2).
As the elders of Grace Bible we deeply desire to uphold the exhortations brought to us in Hebrews 10:24-25
“24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
Please keep praying for and ministering to one another.
For His Glory,
The Elders of GBC
Sunday morning guidelines.
We continue to be thankful for the grace that has been displayed in our body. We know that there is a wide range of opinions and thoughts regarding the Covid-19 Virus and how we as a church should respond. There are political, medical, economic, and social concerns and everyone has a little different opinion on how things should be handled. Please be considerate of others and as scripture attest “regard one another as more important than yourselves” and “do not merely look out for your own personal interest, but also for the interest of others” (Philippians 2:3-4). With this in mind, it is important that we all adhere to the guidelines set below.
What is Asked of You
- If you are sick, please keep your family home and watch online
- Everyone needs to decide for themselves whether to attend but if you are in a high-risk category you are encouraged to watch the live feed from home.
- Please respect social distancing the whole time that we meet.
- Please do not open blocked off rows.
- Please respect posted closed areas of the church facility.
- Please do not congregate in the building before or after the service.
- Please wear a mask from your car to your seat. At that time, you may remove your mask if desired. Replace your mask at the end of the service and keep it on until you reach your vehicle. (exemptions for children 5 and under and any person who cannot medically tolerate wearing a face mask)
What to Expect
- Doors will be blocked open or people stationed at the doors to open them for everyone.
- Please use hand sanitizing station before entering the sanctuary. (this will assure us that people are at least starting out with sanitized hands.)
- No bulletins. All needed information will be on the slide presentation as people enters the sanctuary.
- Every other row will be blocked off and we ask family groups to sit two chairs apart. (family groups are left to your discretion).
- Hallways and classrooms to the back of the building will be closed off.
- No nursery.
- No children’s church.
- No Sunday School.
- Offering box in the back of the sanctuary
- Prayer request can be made through church app or emailing church at email@example.com
- Only bathrooms near the nursery will be open-please escort your children to the restroom.
- Modified greeting without leaving our seats.
- You are asked to refrain from visiting inside the building after the service.
- Church will be cleaned and sanitized after every service.
Other ways to stay in touch:
- Church website (you are here) www.gbcboise.org
- Download the church app from your app store search for “Grace Bible Church of Boise”
- Facebook page at Grace Bible Church of Boise
- Share needs and prayer requests on Facebook group Grace Bible Supplies & Support
- Numbers for the pastors, elders and deacons are listed on the first page of the church directory
- Visit our YouTube Channel for recorded services