We believe children are a gift from God and we thank God for the opportunity to teach our children about God’s love and His Word. We believe it is important to do that both by instruction and by modeling. It is our desire to see our kids grow up loving God fervently. We want to see them excited about serving in the church and in world missions.
- God’s design for faith replication is through the context of the family (Deut. 6; Ps. 78) while the church plays a supportive/equipping role to this endeavor (Eph. 4:12).
- Children are naturally drawn to a relationship with God, fully capable of receiving salvation (Luke 18:16, Acts 2:38-39, Matthew 18:3).
- Kids need a strong foundation of biblical knowledge in an environment where they can encounter the living God. Children open their hearts to God, learn to discern His voice, have a desire to obey Him, and do so in the power of the Holy Spirit (Phil. 2:13).
- The Holy Spirit is the Teacher. Parents and leaders have the opportunity to create “environments” where the Holy Spirit is free to move, teach, and lead (Jn. 14:26).
- Authority of Scripture. The Bible is God’s truth for daily living. God’s Word holds instruction and inspiration that guides children to know God and interpret their lives through the lens of His will (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- A child’s physical and spiritual safety is top priority (Matthew 18:6).
- We must be culturally relevant to children whilst remaining doctrinally pure (1 Corinthians 9:19-23).
- The leaders are to be called to minister to children and are to use their spiritual gifts (Matthew 23:11, 1 Peter 4:10-11, Romans 12:4-8).
On Sunday morning, we purposefully include our children in our worship service until they are dismissed for Children’s Church. We do not consider the time before Children’s Church to be “wasted” or simply a time to keep the kids quiet until they can leave. We encourage parents and friends to involve the children in worship as much as possible, encouraging them to stand and sing with the congregation, and to participate in what is happening in the service whenever possible. Please note that Children’s Church is entirely optional. Some families choose to keep their children in the worship service with them every week. This is fully supported by the church leadership.
We offer a warm and loving nursery for infants through pre-k children. Parents may take their children to the nursery before or during the worship service and are welcome to stay a while and get to know the nursery staff. You’re also welcome to keep your children with you during the entire worship service
A mother’s room is offered at the south west end of the sanctuary for nursing mothers or restless babies. The room is equipped with one way glass and audio of the worship service.
Vacation Bible School
For children ages 3 (potty-trained) through 11 years old, we offer vacation Bible school during the summer. Each day’s activities include Bible stories, music, games, puppets, skits, crafts, and snacks. Attendance is free.
Grace Bible Kids’ Bulletin
Children’s bulletins are created for kids ages 3-12. They contain simple lessons based on truths from three different Bible passages each week. The bulletins are handed out at the entrance to the church.